Human Ecology Questions
What framework constitutes a basis for valuesciencing and how can we use that framework to assess the import of valuesciencing? (120 words)
- 1. In this course what do we mean and understand by “ecology”?
- 2. How in this course have we explained what Lewis Mumford meant when fifty years ago he wrote, “Henceforth all thinking worthy of the name must be ecological”?
- 3. What do we mean and understand by “human ecology”?
- 4. Sketch a framework for analysis using human ecology.
- 5. What overarching basis for value is evident in this framework?
- 6. In valuescience what do we mean and understand by “culture”?
- 7. What benefits may we reap by defining “culture” as we do in valuescience?
- 8. How might we argue that culture is a singularly important factor in human ecology?
- 9. How may we use science to assess cultural information?
- 10. How may we support a claim that valuescience is meta-value?