Paradigm Shift Questions
What evidence have we that a paradigm shift to a consilient, science-based worldview has been underway for centuries and is accelerating? Please include responses to the following (~100 words):
- 1. What do we mean and understand by “paradigm shift” as we use this term in valuescience?
- 2. What do we mean and understand by “consilience” as we use this term in valuescience?
- 3. What are three examples of past steps in a paradigm shift to science-based consilience?
- 4. Name one or more benefits you’ve reaped as a result of these.
- 5. With what ten headings did editors of Encyclopedia Brittanica towards the end of the 20th century inclusively outline human knowledge? OR With what headings (5-15) do you inclusively outline human knowledge?
- 6. What are one or more aspects of human knowledge from those you mention in your response to question 5, above that are currently being reconciled with a modern scientific worldview?
- 7. What are three academic disciplines or sub-disciplines that reflect a paradigm shift to science-based consilience?
- 8. What are two or more benefits you may reap as you and others further incorporate valuescience into a consilient scientific worldview?